Help make your floors look new and fresh with these spring cleaning tips for Carpet, Hardwood and Laminate.
It’s that time of year again – although looking outside the window some days – you would be forgiven for thinking we were still in the middle of winter! COLD AND RAIN RAIN RAIN!
It’s time to break out the spring cleaning equipment for the annual deep-clean. It can be overwhelming to face all the clutter that has accumulated over the winter months, whilst we have all been cooped-up inside the house. Simple maintenance care can help make this spring cleaning easier.
HOW TO – Freshen Up Your Carpet
Regular maintenance of your carpets throughout the year can help make spring cleaning a breeze, do not fret if this is not the case. First, choose a good quality vacuum and keep your vacuum filter clean it can help make all the difference when tending to your Carpet. If spot cleaning is needed, try to remove the stain by using water before moving on to harder cleaning solutions remember to blot rather than rub the stain.
No matter what type of carpet you have, prompt attention to spots and spills is vital. Here are a couple of tips for cleaning your Carpet:
- Vacuum at least once a week and more often in heavy traffic areas, paying special attention to areas where people sit and move their feet.
- Be prepared with the proper tools to clean up accidents quickly and that you know the right way to clean. Otherwise, you may cause more harm than good to your Carpet.
- Place mats at the entrances of your home.
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned every six to 12 months. Spring is a great time to plan for a professional cleaning. We recommend a hot water extraction method or steam cleaning. The manufacturer warranty that comes with your carpet requires that it be cleaned by a certified professional.
HOW TO – Keep Hardwood Flooring Beautiful
Typically, sweeping and vacuuming can be enough to refresh your Hardwood Floors. However, when it comes to spills and stains, you may need to do more. Here are some other helpful cleaning tips to keep your hardwood floors looking great for longer:
- Wipe up wet spills and tracked-in dirt should be wiped away immediately.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum using a hard floor attachment at least once a week.
- Use a cleanser made for Hardwood Flooring to help clean more stubborn soil.
- Don’t use buffing machines as they can damage Hardwood Floors.
- Avoid steam mops because the high temperature of the steam can cause damage.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal cleaning tips.
- For sticky substances, harden the spot with an ice cube and lightly rub with a dull plastic scraper.
Do not apply too much pressure as this could damage or scrape the floors finish.
HOW TO – Keep your Laminate Flooring looking new
Laminate Flooring pairs the beauty of natural wood with easier maintenance. However, it requires proper regular maintenance not only during spring cleaning, but throughout the year as well. When cleaning for spring, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Only use soap-free cleaners.
- Remove loose dirt with a dust mop or a gentle vacuum without a beater bar.
- Wipe up any spills immediately.
- Use a quality laminate floor cleaner.
- Do not use excessive water, as it could cause bucking or separation.
- Never wax, polish, or use buffing machines.
- Don’t use steam mops. The high temperatures can cause damage to Laminate.
- Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
You can get years of beautiful performance from your Laminate floor with a little preparation and understanding of proper cleaning methods.
If you are thinking of replacing your flooring, we are your local one stop shop – selling carpets, vinyl, LVT, Laminate flooring, Engineered and real Wood Flooring, Safety flooring and we also have a wide range of REMNANTS so whatever your requirements, we are here to help.
WHY NOT POP IN AND GRAB A BARGAIN AND TAKE AWAY THE SAME DAY – we are now offering CASH & CARRY at out Thornbury Showroom.
We are also offering a local delivery service at an additional cost.
PHOENIX FLOORING LIMITED, BRISTOL
Whatever your carpet and flooring needs we are here to help.
Why not pop in to our Carpet and Flooring Showroom.
To view our extensive range of floorings.
Karndean, Amtico, Laminates, LVT, vinyl, coir matting, artificial grass, safety flooring, carpet and flooring.
We provide a FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE on all jobs No matter how big or small, residential or commercial.
Our team will happily visit your home or premises and bring samples with them.
Unit 15 Hemingway Business Centre
01454 620707 (same number for both Showrooms)
WHATEVER YOUR TASTE, STYLE AND BUDGET, WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
WHY NOT DOWNLOAD OUR PHONE APP – SO THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE OUR INFO TO HAND
CLICK ON THE BUTTON (DOWNLOAD GENIUS APP) ON THE FRONT PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
HAND SANITISER IS PROVIDED UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING AND READY FOR WHEN YOU LEAVE.
WE HAVE CARRIED OUT A COVID 19 RISK ASSESSMENT.
CLEANING, HAND WASHING AND HYGIENE PROCEDURES ARE ALL IN PLACE.
If you are not comfortable coming into the Showroom, we would be more than happy to come to your home and provide a free measure and quotation. We can bring samples with us for you to look at.