Luxury Vinyl Tiles and laminate flooring are often confused and thought of as similar products.Â In fact, they are very different types of floor covering. Both are very popular choices of flooring.
Here are the similarities and differences between LVT and Laminate:
What exactly is LVT flooring?
LVTÂ is a hardwearing, durable, waterproof floor covering made from multiple layers of vinyl.Â It is flexible and thin, making it very versatile and adaptable.Â The surface has a realistic look of either wood, stone or ceramic tile.Â Generally speaking, LVT is extremely resilient and has a scratch resistant surface, making it the perfect choice for any room in your home.Â You can use LVT with underfloor heating and it is waterproof so it is also great for bathrooms, en-Suites, kitchens and utility rooms.
What exactly is Laminate flooring?
Laminate flooringÂ is a synthetic floor covering that has been made to look like wood or stone flooring.Â The top layer is a photograph of wood (or stone).Â This is laminated by a protective surface layer.Â The base of laminate flooring is usually made of a high-density fibreboard, which gives the flooring strength. Some types of laminate flooring are now waterproof, and some have a built in scratch guard. Laminate flooring is versatile and can be used in most rooms in your home.Â Be careful if you are thinking about using it in a bathroom, kitchen or utility room as not all ranges are waterproof.Â Some manufacturers do have a range of laminate flooringÂ that is waterproof and provides 100% resistance to moisture. But this does come at a higher cost.
What are the similarities and differences between LVT and Laminate?
- Both are easy to install.
- You can find laminate flooring at a cheaper cost than LVT, but the quality may not be as good.
- Both are easy for you to look after and maintain.
- LVT is suitable for any room in your home, even bathrooms.
- They are both strong and hardwearing but generally, LVT is more durable.
- If you are looking for a water proof floor, either choose LVT or make sure you choose a waterproof laminate.
- All types of LVT can be used with underfloor heating. Most types of laminate can be used with underfloor heating.
- Some types of LVT can be used in commercial properties as they have been designed to be even more hard wearing.
- There are many styles of LVT and laminate flooring to choose from, including, wood, stone and ceramic tile effect.
- Both are warm and comfortable to the touch.
- Finally, both LVT and Laminate are hygienic and great for pet owners.
Whatever your carpet and flooring needs â€“ why not pop in to one our Carpet and Flooring Showrooms at Stoke Lodge or Thornbury, Bristol and view our extensive range of Karndean, Amtico, Laminates, LVT, vinyl, coir matting, carpet and flooring.
We provide a FREE â€“ NO OBLIGATION QUOTE on all jobs, no matter how big or small, residential or commercial.Our team will happily visit your home or premises and bring samples with them.Please visit one of our Showrooms at :
5 Chelford Grove
Unit 15 Hemingway Business Centre
01454 620707 (same number for both Showrooms)