As we head into the spring season, itâ€™s time to think about getting your carpets cleaned following the winter season.
With all the dirt and grime that gets trampled through your home following winter, now is a great time for you to ‘spring clean’ your carpets.
Shoes, boots, trainers, pets, toddlers, mud, spillageÂ and general wear and tear can make a carpet appear worn, scruffy and dirty over time. Not only is it important to remove stains as quickly and efficiently as possible, but also to give your carpets a spring clean every so often. A proper deep clean, with professional equipment can give even the most tired carpet a new lease of life. Spring is a great time of year to give your home a thorough clean following the winter months.
No matter how careful you are, accidents happen. Pets and people knock things over, and guests can bring in mud. Whether itâ€™s dreaded red wine, chocolate, oil, or ice cream itâ€™s important to act swiftly.
First and foremost, ensure you have a fresh, white cloth to ensure you are not adding any more dirt to the carpet. Always blot off excess spillages/dirt â€“ never RUB.
How to keep your carpet clean
There are a number of ways to minimise the damage to your carpet. Here are some general tips:
- Donâ€™t wear shoes in the house â€“ ask your guest to take their shoes off, this will help minimise the damage done to the carpet fibres.
- Use welcome mats at the exterior doors to catch any excess dirt as people enter the house, politely ask everyone to wipe their feet.
- Vacuum as regular as possible â€“ at least twice a week. This will reduce the inevitable accumulation of ground-in dirt, which, when combined with liquid can result in stains.
- Donâ€™t scrub at aÂ stain on your carpet â€“ scrubbing too hard, you may remove the offending stain, but you may inadvertently damage your carpet.
- Keep your carpet as dry as possible. In addition to excessive scrubbing,Â applying too much water and detergent to a stained area can resultÂ in drenching, damage and lingering odours.
Complete deep clean
Despite following the above steps, your carpet will still gather dust, dirt and odours over time, it’s unavoidable. Itâ€™s important to periodically give your carpet a good clean as opposed to a quick run through.
Whatever your carpet and flooring needs â€“ why not pop in to one our Carpet and Flooring Showrooms at Stoke Lodge or Thornbury, Bristol and view our extensive range of Karndean, Amtico, Laminates, LVT, vinyl, coir matting,Â artificial grass, carpet and flooring.
We provide a FREE â€“ NO OBLIGATION QUOTE on all jobs, no matter how big or small, residential or commercial.Our team will happily visit your home or premises and bring samples with them.Please visit one of our Showrooms at :
5 Chelford Grove
Unit 15 Hemingway Business Centre
01454 620707 (same number for both Showrooms)